Saturday 26 June 2010

Holy Ghost!


Alex and Nick, are the brains behind Holy Ghost! With their debut EP, ‘Static On The Wire’ out this summer. The band have been described as 'the best electronic dance music New York and beyond has to offer!' Holy Ghost! have been building a reputation over the last couple of years as one of the best remixers out there, with reworkings for MGMT, LCD Soundsystem, Moby and Phoenix.

Q.1

You wouldn't know it but I'm very good at?


NICK: Nothing. Jack of many trades, master of none.

ALEX: im pretty good at basketball and i also can use a movie camera.


Q.2

You wouldn't know it but I'm not so good at?


NICK: Shaving.

ALEX: keeping 1 cellphone for more than a month.

Q.3

My favorite item of clothing is?


NICK: An old Levi's denim jacket I've had since I was a kid. It still has an original "Powell Peralta" patch my mom sewed on it for me and some original DFA pins James gave around the time I first met him when I was 18 or so. It's almost as old as I am and it still fits. Kinda.

ALEX: i dont know if this counts but i LOVE the pair of topsiders i just bought.

Q.4

When i was a child i wanted to be?


NICK: I've wanted to be a musician for as long as I can remember.

ALEX: Elvis or Mick Jagger. i used to cry if my mom called me Alex. I was "Mick" from age 6-8.


Q.5

My real life villain is?


NICK: Alex.

ALEX: what!!!!? you dick.


Q.6

A band / musician / song that changed me?


NICK: James Murphy and Tim Goldsworthy, any record that features the credit "Produced by the DFA" and any song that contains the words "DFA Remix" in the title.

ALEX: agreed. also a movie by the talking heads called "stop making sense" changed everything for me when i was 18.

Q.7

If i wasn't a musician i would be?


NICK: Without any direction whatsoever and most likely, very, very sad.

ALEX: unhappy.

Q.8

My idea of happiness is?


NICK: A DFA party in New York.

ALEX: All my friends.


Q.9

The best place i have been this year?

NICK: Home.

ALEX: on tour with lcd.

Q.10

My guilty pleasure song right now is?


NICK: I honestly can't think of any songs I'm ashamed of liking.

ALEX: yeah, nick's got what they call "good taste." i like shutterbug by big boi. but thats not guilty, its just mainstream, which i have no guild about. dam, now i feel guilty for not answering your question. im jewish though, so guilt is constant.


Holy Ghost will be playing around UK this summer see their myspace for more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment